Monday, May 15, 2006

I hate it, it's unwatchable, and I hate it

Before I say anything else, let me just congratulate myself for having a friend on gawker.com's blues states this week. Some of you, faithful readers, probably know him (gasp! I've said too much).

I know, BPD, that you already have a work diary that is very funny and accurately describes our work environment, but alas, I must devote some time to my ridiculous job as well. Oh, have I lost you? God you're slow. Ok, from the top:

I work at [the following paragraph was edited for content. for confidentiality purposes, it is best not to speak at length about "unnamed company"] the worst part, is Coffee-mate non-dairy powdered creamer. Let me take this time to say FUCK COFFEE-MATE. Being the healthy, organic little hipster that I am, putting powdered creamer in my coffee (which is 100% necessary at this job) makes my skin crawl. God, do you have any idea what's IN that stuff? ::Shudder::

Last night I had the pleasure of watching THREE STRAIGHT HOURS of Survivor Panama: Exile Island (the two hour season finale plus the reunion, yes!) For those of you have never suffered through Survivor, the basic premise is that 16 people are picks to live on an island, have their lives taped, and see what happens when people stop bathing, and compete for "survival" by engaging in scavenger hunts and competitive games. This is what I find to be the most ridiculous part (well, if you can even compare). They compete in games periodically throughout their time on the island to win "immunity" from the tribal council, which consisted of the people who were voted off. I mean all the alliances and backstabbing is kind of entertaining I guess, but come on. Now if they didn't give them any aid, there was no time frame, and the last one alive on the island got a million dollars, THAT would be great (or you know, illegal, whatever). I'm just saying...

This show represents everything that is wrong with this country. Seriously. I hate this show. I hate its melodramatic music, and flashback montages, and that tool Danielle (who has the most atrocious Boston accent). I hate that freeloading yoga instructor Aras (who won), and especially the host. The only remotely rewarding part was when Shane ripped Aras and Danielle a new asshole in the tribal council. And what is up with all the men wearing board shorts...ew. SOOOOO over. God why am I even writing about this? Fuck Survivor too.

On a more pleasant note: A fellow SH8H will soon be joining me in my studio abode until I move next month. Pictures to come...

2 doubleshot soy lattes with no foam:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Coffeemate ingrediants are EFFED UP!!!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starbucks and Coffee Mate eat your brain as TV eats away at your soul. Soon there will be nothing left... I think I'm going to have a big problem with that. >:/

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home