Saturday, May 27, 2006

And success was mine.

Because I've been so overwhelmed with fan mail about my performance last night, I've decided simply to blog about it- in the interest of saving time with all those replies.
The performance went near-perfect. I was really freaking out at first when my performance was being delayed and had a few moments of panic when I got the "one minute!" call and put on the remainder of my costume, but after a few deep breaths I began to settle into my "performance autopilot" and projected into my happy place. I had some interesting discussions with New Party Club-goers and the whole thing panned out pretty much how I had intended. It was followed by 4ish hours of celebrating my New York debut, and 3-4ish hours of sleep before going off to SIGN MY NEW LEASE! That's right folks, no worries about jinxing it; I am moving to S. 4th Street on July 1st. Plus my roommate doesn't move in for about three weeks afterwards, so I have some time to really settle in. I think I might buy a hibachi and start BBQing on the roof...

***

It's "Chinese Night" here at Unnamed Company,[edited for content, again] This will be my first real chance to seriously socialize with my co-workers, besides the occasional recent chat in the break room. I guess I'm thinking it's time to stop being such a snob about meeting people I work with (although I really do know an awful lot of people...). Why stop now? Why not just have 418945248 friends and be "too cool" to hang out with anyone more than once a month? Although honestly the top rotation of close friends is already at maximum capacity...maybe I should rethink this. Gawd, sometimes it's SOOOOOOOOO hard to be me.

On that note, I better get back to checking Laguna Beach re-runs. Actually no, first I have a story about that bitch Kristin Cavallari (if you've already heard this, bear with me): So I spent this past New Year's Eve in LA, and I went to this Club The Lobby. They were filming Laguna Beach and lo and behold, I found myself standing behind Kristin in the bathroom line. I had this overwhelming urge to tell her that she was the embodiment of everything I despise in America, women, television and humanity in general. I wanted to say that she made me want to vomit all over her $2000 tacky designer dress, and that she seriously needs to get herself to the gym before the end of filming. But alas, I realized that being the pale, small chested brunette girl dressed all in black, I would be edited into "that jealous girl that's clearly not from here." Regrettable, I had not thought of just punching her in the face. A knuckle sandwich is worth a thousand words...

3 doubleshot soy lattes with no foam:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your performance was quite a sight. Mysterious. Mystical. Unforgettable... Speaking of unforgettable, remember how Todd fell out of his chair and when I sat down to re-enact it the chair broke? I keep thinking about that and laughing. Precious memories.

6:11 PM  
Blogger self-h8ting hipster said...

Why thank you. Haha, how could I forget about the chair! I actually laughed out loud just reading your comment and recalling it. That shit is priceless..

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed it. It's cool that Collyn won't be moving in so quickly. Too bad you're gonna have to take care of matrix cat. You're gonna be one of those "that girl with the cat". I forgot to comment at no pants o'clock last night when I was drinking so I'm sorry this is double soy latte is LAME.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home