Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A sign from above

The Unnamed Company gods have smiled upon me. While I am working seven days in a row next week, and I am being trained to write sports, I have miraculously landed this Friday off. That means that I have Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off this week. Amazing.
But the question is, what do I do with a free weekend? Surely I can remember back when I didn't work weekends, but even then I was always in the studio. But there's no room to work in my apartment, plus I think after all the stress of the performance I earned the right to take a little time off. So after spending Thursday doing yoga/cleaning/whatever, I figure I have the license to just kick back and do something fun.
Here are some thoughts for the first day/night of my weekend off:

1. Walk from my apt in Bushwick over the Williamsburg Bridge, go to Chinatown, drink bubble tea. Then walk over the Manhattan bridge and go to Park Slope. Take pictures in photobooth at Atlantic Center. Return over Brooklyn Bridge. Scrape pile formerly known as SH8H off pavement and onto subway car. Return on L train and shower. Then off to Lizard Lounge for pizza and drinks. Goal: stumble home in one piece.

2. Take scenic walk under JMZ and then get on train at Marcy Ave. Switch at Canal street and take a journey to Brighton Beach. Buy copious amounts of nuts and dried fruit. Go to Coney island and finally ride the rollercoaster. Tell patrons in front of Nathan's what's really in those things. Take walk on beach and play "find the syringes." Eat nuts on subway ride back. Order Mexican feast at apt. Get dolled up and go out to my favorite bar in Manhattan, Rue B.

3. Dress up like a super hipster/skater loser and take my miniature child's skateboard to Union Square. Shoot an ironic video of me making an ass of myself skating around and falling. Take it really seriously and yell at those who laugh at me and tell them they're just jealous of my "mad sk8ting skills, yo!" Go home and use pictures to create a myspace alter-ego. Then go out and drink.

4. Go to the fucking beach. mmmmmmmmmm...

Cast your vote!

A friendly reminder to those who don't love me enough to read my blog-

Willow Barnett
Jen Bracket
Jeris Brunette
Collyn Gold
Lauren Haggis
Cristina Sigmond

read it!

4 doubleshot soy lattes with no foam:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for #2 without the whole game of "find the syringes." We don't want you getting stuck accidentally - then you'd have to hobble to Rue B, and there is no fun in that. :)

10:05 PM  
Blogger self-h8ting hipster said...

But that's the best part! I dont know, it's been a while since I took some photobooth pictures...
and thanks for reading my blog, you're off the list!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you tell someone to read your blog IN your blog... they only see the message if they're already reading it. so all they'll say is "I AM reading it, sheesh"

7:50 PM  
Blogger self-h8ting hipster said...

exactly.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home