Saturday, July 15, 2006

post pilgrimage post (not proofread)

I'm sure many of you have forgotten about me by now...but I'm still here. I've moved to South 4th St, I own an exponentially growing number of plants (or I will anyway), and after spending an extended period of time in the woods in NH last week I've fallen knee deep in self analysis. Perhaps to some this doesn't seem like a good reason not to blog, but let's face it...you don't REALLY want to read all about what I think about myself and my life- not in a serious way. Or if you do it's probably because you're a good friend, and in that case you already know. Anyways the point is, I'm back and I'll try not to abandon you again to go on some "hippies makin' macrame hammock chairs in the woods journey of self awareness" thing for a while.

Anyways... Since we last cyberinteracted I went to the beach and got pounded into submission by the surf, saw Belle and Sebastian, visited with my mum, unpacked most of my apartment, went to NH to embrace my womanhood, acquired 26 bug bites (including a couple on my bottom), got a haircut, bought tickets to see sufjan stevens, and drank about 50 cups of coffee.

Since returning I've been really out of it. I'm trying to remember some witty anecdotes to relate about all those funny hipsters I get to observe in their natural habitat, but to no avail. I am, however, a member of a theoretical Charlie's Angels spoof at my place of employment. I really can't divulge further, but the point is I'd look really hot with Farrah Fawsett hair. Obviously.

I went to Spuytin Duyvil last night with my partner in crime, and enjoyed some great wine and cheese. I hadn't been there since I went in 2003 and now that I live in walking distance I plan to visit more often. I feel like it's more of a winter bar, but it was very enjoyable none the less. We also discovered the "South 1st street Jungle". After waking in the morning as a result of some hooligans horsin' aroun' on the street, I have today decided that I WILL determine what is so appealing about the bodega on the northwest corner of Bedford and S 4th. I think perhaps I may need to rig up a disguise and try to eavesdrop on the "shit shooting" from behind a nearby mailbox. OR I'm gonna throw water balloons off the roof.

Either way, one thing is now clear: I've lost the ability to post a blog with "flow" and in my attempts to win back the hearts and minds of the "in'ernets" I have perhaps only succeeded in making you all question how it is that I write for a living. Perhaps the answer will come to me in a dream...

0 doubleshot soy lattes with no foam:

Post a Comment

<< Home