Monday, August 21, 2006

A look of space and total life; ready...or...not.

My faithful readers. The end of summer is slowly drawing near, and I'm starting to get mighty nostalgic. So many great shows, a southern road trip, hiatus in NH, a couple trips, yoga in the park, beautiful days, a new apartment...the list goes on.
But speaking of apartments, I'd like to offer you an official update. My roommate Ms. Gold had finally moved in a startling 6 weeks after our lease began. Although she's, um, not here for another couple days. I've been thrilled to find that my plants are lovin' the light here, and the location (yes, ye olde Bedforde Avenue) is tremendously convenient. There have been a couple unpleasant snags such as the evidence of mice and the prehistoric sized cockroach (see below), but all and all it's been great.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There's a creepy mystery space outside my bathroom window. There is no sky above the airshaft, it's just an empty hole in the building.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(looking down)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(looking up)


Eerie isn't it? Very Silence of the Lambs.

Hey, does anyone know a killer brunch place near Bedford Avenue? It must be relatively cheap (under 15 for bfast coffee and tip), lots of food, and good. Lemme know about that...




Mark your calenders, the end of summer wrap-up is coming soon!

3 doubleshot soy lattes with no foam:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photos of that airshaft are so creepy I can taste it. Can't anything be done about uncapping it? Ughhh.
"It puts the lotion in the basket."

7:56 PM  
Blogger self-h8ting hipster said...

I dont think so...there only appears to be one floor above mine in the shaft, but there are three more for the building.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no wonder you have giant cockroaches. you're probably brewing some kind of mutant new species in there like an x-files episode. have you ever heard the silence of the lambs musical? Your bestial boyfriend (by which I mean Jocko) says hi. He's chewing on his plush ball but I'm sure he's thinking of you.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home